Principal Posts at Schools
1. Important Information For All Applicants
A. Applications should be made on the attached Eastern Cape Province application form (Educator Employment Profile EDP 01 Form). The form is attached to this
bulletin and is also obtainable from any District Office.
B. Application must be accompanied by the following documentation:-
• Completed EDP 01 form
• A detailed and up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing, inter alia, a complete chronological record of teaching experience and teacher's training as regulated in the Personnel Administration Measures, employment record, competencies, co-curricular and extra mural activities, etc. as well as the names and telephone numbers of at least two reference persons.
• Certified copy of the barcoded South African Identity document
• Certified copies of original Qualification Certificates (Matric / Grade 12 certificate, degrees, diplomas, and certificates). Certified copies of original educational qualification transcripts which include all subjects passed and date on which all requirements for the post school qualification were met.
• Certified copy of the original Evaluation Certificate issued by the Department of Higher Education in instances where the Applicant is in possession of a foreign
• Certified copy of original membership certificate with SACE(OR proof of application for registration)
C. Applications without all the relevant documentation will be discarded.
D. A separate application form should be completed for Each Post. Each form must be accompanied by the required documentation. Completed forms which are
photocopied will not be accepted.
E. Where there is misrepresentation of facts, or any other deviations from the relevant procedures, regulations, or collective agreements, the Department
reserves the right not to fill the post or posts affected.
F. The post, post number and the name of the educational institution for which an application is being made should be clearly stated.
G. No Late Applications will be accepted.
Eastern Cape Department of Education: Open Bulletin: Principals'Posts at Schools - Volume 512016
H. Successful candidates are only to assume duty on receipt of an official letter of
appointment duly signed by the relevant CLUSTER CHIEF DIRECTOR (as
delegated by the Head of Department). The ECDOE will not assume any
responsibility for the payment of salaries to appointees who assumed duty prior to
the date of the appointment letter.
I. All applications must be directed to the relevant District Offices only.
J. The Requirements for appointment to the Post of Principals
• A recognised three- or four year qualification, which includes professional
• Registration with SACE as professional educator.
• Good knowledge of teaching as provided for in the professional
• Good Management skills.
• Good Leadership skills.
• 7 years of actual teaching expercience.
• Good co-curricular skills
• Good people management skills
• Good administrative skills
• Good communication skills
• Good knowledge of applicable educator legislation, regulations and policies
K. The Department reserves the right not to fill the advertised posts in this Bulletin.
a) The Eastern Cape Department of Education is an affirmative action, equal opportunities employer.
b) You can regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within three months of the closing date.
c) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to pay for their own travelling costs to attend selection interviews.
d) Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are short-listed and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, and previous employment verification. Where applicable, candidates
will also be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007, and the Children's Act, 2005. A candidate
whose particulars appear in either the National Register of Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register will be disqualified from appointment to
an advertised post.
3. KEY: SIL SALARY LEVEL
POST LEVEL SALARY LEVEL SALARY RANGE
PRINCIPAL S1 7 R93933 - R576078
PRINCIPAL P1 8 R287862 - R619860
PRINCIPAL P2 9 R342753 - R719643
PRINCIPAL P3 10 R409986 - R827187
PRINCIPAL P4 11 R473832 - R852240
PRINCIPAL P5 12 R583932- R878091
4. ENQUIRIES should be directed to relevant District offices and the contact details
are provided on P8 of this document.
Acti g UPERINTENDENT-GENERAL