Educator Posts at Public Schools
SIXTH (6TH) VACANCY CIRCULAR OF 2016
EDUCATOR POST (PL1) AT PUBLIC ORDINARY SCHOOLS
PUBLISHED ON: 18 NOVEMBER 2016
CLOSING DATE : 9 DECEMBER 2016
This Bulletin is a closed bulletin.
Only Educators declared additional to the operational requirements as defined in Chapter B.6 of the Personnel Administrative Measures, Funza Lushaka and other Bursary holders and all New Entrants to the teaching profession, may apply for the posts advertised in this Bulletin. The Eastern Cape Department of Education (ECDOE) reserves the right to give preference to additional' educators in the filling of the advertised vacancies.
Education Development Officers and Principals must ensure that all Additional Educators and School Governing Bodies are informed of the contents of this Bulletin.
Principals must keep a record that this Bulletin was distributed and communicated to all Additional Educators even if these educators are absent from work for whatever reason.
Enquiries regarding posts must be directed to the Principal of the School or the District Office concerned.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS
Applications should be made on the attached ECDOE application form (Educator Employment Profile EDP 01 Form).
Separate applications must be submitted on the EDP 01 Form in respect of each post applied for.
Only the EDP 01 Form will be recognised as a valid application for selection and placement purposes.
The post number of the vacant post, the name of the educational institution for which application is made, as well as the applicant's PERSAL Number [Additional Educator] Form.
The applicant must sign the application form.
Where there is misrepresentation of facts, or any other deviations from these procedures, or Regulations, the Department reserves the right not to fill the post or posts affected.
APPLICATION FORMS ARE TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTS
The following documents must be attached to each application:
A detailed and up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing, inter alia, a complete chronological record of teaching experience and teacher training, employment record, competencies, co-curricular and extra mural activities, etc. as well as the names and telephone numbers of at least two reference persons. New entrants should provide teaching practice experience.
Originally certified copy of South African Identity Document. Originally certified copies of Qualification Certificates (matric certificate, degrees, diplomas, and certificates).
Originally certified copies of educational qualification transcripts which include all subjects passed and dates on which all requirements for the post school
qualification(s) were met or will be met for new entrants.
Originally certified copy of Registration Certificate with SACE (OR proof of application
Education in instances where the Applicant is in possession of a foreign qualification. 2. Only certified copies with an original stamp of certification, not older than six (6) months,
will be accepted. It should be noted that applicants who submit copies of certified copies will be disqualified.
3. Applications must be neatly and properly bound.
NB! ECDOE cannot be held liable or responsible for incomplete/incorrect
incorrect office) and/or reach their destination after the closing date.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT.
Foundation Phase (Grade R to Grade 3)
• A study of the four subjects prescribed by the National Curriculum Statement.
• Competency in the development of early literacy, particularly reading competence.
• Competency in the development of early numeracy.
• Competency in the development of life skills.
• Bachelor of Education (Foundation Phase)
• Bachelor of Education (Primary)
• Primary Teachers' Diploma
Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 to Grade 6)
• A study of at least four of the subjects prescribed by the National Curriculum Statement.
These must include the disciplinary bases of content knowledge, methodology and relevant pedagogic theory.
• Expertise in the development of reading competence, particularly reading comprehension.
• Expertise in the development of numeracy.
• Expertise in the development of life skills.
• Bachelor of Education — Intermediate Phase
• Bachelor of Education (Primary)
• Primary Teachers' Diploma
Senior Phase (Grade 7 to Grade 9)
• A study of at least two subjects relevant to the post which meet the requirements of the subject up to at least second year level of the post matric /grade 12 study.
The studies must include the disciplinary bases of content knowledge, methodology and relevant pedagogic theory.
• Bachelor of Education — Senior Phase
Further Education (Grade 10 to Grade 12)
• A study of one or more subjects or specialisations suitable for the phase/ post at least up to second year level of study.
• The study must include the disciplinary bases of content knowledge, methodology and relevant pedagogic theory.
• Bachelor of Science Plus PGCE
• Bachelor of Commerce Plus PGCE
• Bachelor of Agriculture Plus PGCE
• Bachelor of Education: Science
• Bachelor of Education: EMS
• Bachelor of Education: Social science which includes the school subjects, such as Geography, History and Languages
DATE OF ASSUMPTION OF DUTY
Successful candidates are only to assume duty on receipt of an official letter of transfer or appointment duly signed by the relevant District Director (as delegated by the Head of
Department). In the case of new entrants, the Department will not assume any responsibility for the payment of salaries to appointees who assumed duty prior to the date of the appointment letter.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications must be directed to the relevant District Office only.
All hand delivered applications must be received by Friday, 9 December 2016, not later than 15h00. No applications will be accepted after the aforementioned date and time. Posted applications will only be accepted if they reach the District Office by Wednesday 14 December 2016, and the post mark indicates that the application was posted on or before the closing date of the 9 December 2016.
• The ECDOE is an affirmative action employer.
• Applicants should regard applications as unsuccessful if they have not heard from the ECDOE within three months of the closing date.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to pay for their own travelling costs to attend selection interviews.
• Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are short-listed and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include
security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, and previous employment.
Where applicable, candidates will also be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters Amendment, and the Children's Act, 2005. A candidate
whose particulars appear in either the National Register of Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register will be disqualified from appointment to an advertised post.
REQV 13: R173 130 - R386 238 REQV 14: R228 984 - R 518 205
Forward all applications to the District Director of the respective District as listed below (no application forms should be submitted to Schools)
S N N Netshilaphala